Location : Vancouver, BC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking two ticketed, experienced Steamfitters for permanent opportunities with our client in South Vancouver.
These Steamfitters work within a building operations environment, performing skilled steam fitting/pipefitting work in planning, layout, assembly, installation, maintenance, repair and renovation work of building steam and hot water heating systems, chilled water systems, high and low pressure steam lines and equipment throughout the facility. They perform maintenance, repair and renovation work on equipment/systems such as building heating and cooling piping systems (including heat exchangers, coils, steam traps, valves, strainers, radiation elements, backflow prevention devices) Steamfitters are also responsible for maintaining and installing underground piping and associated fittings, carrying out inspection tests, diagnosing defects on equipment, and repairing/replacing as required.
Qualified candidates will be licensed journeyperson Steamfitters with valid BC Gas Fitter B License and electrical endorsement for low voltage, BC Cross Connection Control certificate and Valid BC Drivers Licence, along with at least 5 years' of related experience.
Our client is offering competitive wages, outstanding benefits and pension, a desirable M-F day shift schedule, and more for qualified individuals.
Sick of working outdoors in the elements? Tired of shift work that destroys your body? This is the perfect opportunity to keep doing what you love while also enjoying a more comfortable work environment and a great schedule.
Required Qualifications :
- Journeyperson Steamfitter
- Valid BC Gas Fitter B License with electrical endorsement for low voltage, BC Cross Connection Control certificate and Valid BC Drivers Licence.
- BC Gas Fitter A License desirable, not mandatory
- 5+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge of relevant industrial safety regulations and building codes
- Ability to interpret drawings, specification, and information contained in maintenance manuals. Ability to produce accurate isometric sketches that demonstrate existing conditions, proposed installation, repairs and alterations
- Effective oral and written communication, organizational and problem solving skills