A client of ours in the Lower Mainland is looking for a qualified Sawyer. The right candidate will be experienced in the sawmill or forestry industry.
With a commitment and focus on safety, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks.
- Checking sizes on the head saw, bull edger, and reman
- Assisting and coordinating cuts
- Conducting grade checks
- Chipper audits
- Monitoring the levels and sufficiency of the reman
- Product training with new hires
Wage will be between $37-39 per hour.
The schedule will be a rotating shift every 2 weeks. Morning and afternoon shifts, Monday to Friday.
It would be a plus if the candidate has experience with QC and has a Coastal or Western Red Cedar (WRC) grading ticket.
- Safety Oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment with large noisy machines
- Heavy industrial experience in a Sawmill or Papermill
- Experienced with various equipment and machinery
This company offers stable employment, competitive wages, and good benefits.
Apply directly here: https://jobs.workforce.ca/jobdetails/sawyer/surrey-british-columbia/19434
For more opportunities please visit: https://jobs.workforce.ca