They are currently looking to hire a Production Supervisor for their Vancouver location. This opportunity is for a Monday to Friday day shift.
This permanent full-time team-leadership position is responsible for the weekly achievement of productivity targets of the processing department, working collaboratively with the receiving/acquisition, delivery/shipping and sales departments.
This position is accountable for the implementation of safety and quality standards in the production/processing department.
- At least 5 years of work experience in leading a team of about 7 to 12 team members in a production environment.
- Great people skills and transferrable knowledge/experience in handling client-based processing specifications at high-quality standards.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to identify and resolve quality or production-related issues, apply multi-tasking, prioritization, and time management skills in order to meet or exceed timeline expectations.
- Adaptability and demonstrated application of cost-benefit analysis, critical thinking/problem solving, and effective contingency or change management skills in a fast-paced or high-demand work environment.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office applications, with the ability to handle basic troubleshooting of computer or printing issues.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds of boxes or materials, and handle repetitive and stationary work, with long hours of standing.
- Relevant work experience or familiarity with wholesale or warehouse industry-type of production workflows, and knowledge or familiarity with lean management and just-in-time management are considered an asset.