Pre-Construction Project Manager/Estimator
Location : Ottawa, Ontario
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Our client is a very busy custom home builder in the Ottawa area. They are looking for a full-time Pre-Construction Project Manager with Estimator experience.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations. This individual will be responsible for several areas of the overall operations, including the following:
- Conduct analysis of new project opportunities.
- Consult and understand plans and specifications.
- Prepare approximate quantities for work and materials required.
- Understand the project stakeholders.
- Understand the overall scope of the project.
- Work with and communicate regularly with building designers/architects, directly with the homeowners.
- Conduct preliminary project analyses and regular site visits.
- Prepare and submit baseline estimates in preparation for the start of construction.
- Coordinate the different phases of the projects.
Required Qualifications :
- Post Education in a related field.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in residential construction/carpentry.
- Fluent in English, French would be an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Organized, responsible, autonomous, resourceful, and dynamic.
- Eager to learn, motivated, hardworking, reliable, and honest.
- Understands the importance of teamwork.
- Passionate about their work, the work they complete, and about making a difference.
- Understanding and passionate about lowering the carbon footprint/importance of sustainability.
- Looking to grow within the company.
- Valid driver’s license.
This is a full-time, typically Monday to Friday job. Our client offers a competitive wage (depending on your experience) and there is lots of room to grow within the company.
If interested, please apply today and we will contact you to discuss the opportunity.