Location : Langley, BC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer for an exciting opportunity with a global manufacturer.
Based in Langley, BC, the successfully hired individual will be part of the divisional engineering team, our client's most revered department. Supporting the production and maintenance departments, they will play a major role in plant upgrades & line improvements, and be deeply involved in the development, evaluation and improvement of manufacturing methods and processes. The Engineer will be a key driver of continuous improvement across the manufacturing base in terms of process efficiencies, yields, production rates, changeover efficiencies, and costs.
Our client is seeking a driven and results-oriented engineer with 8+ years of relevant experience, a solid foundation of electro-mechanical and supply chain knowledge, and a high degree of written and verbal communication. All applicants must be comfortable with a sizeable amount local & international travel.
Our client is offering highly competitive compensation, exciting project-based work (permanent, full time), and the chance to be part of a fun, cohesive team that legitimately enjoys going to work every day.
Are you a mechanical engineer seeking a new challenge? Apply today!
Required Qualifications :
- Four year college degree and/or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical operations
- Ability to use power and hand tools
- Supply chain management skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to speak and understand written English.
- Must understand technical and mechanical language
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Valid passport & ability to travel freely