Electrical and Instrumentation Technologist
We are seeking an Electrical and Instrumentation Technologist for our mining client north of Wawa, Ontario.
The E & I Technologist will be the go-to for instrumentation and controls maintenance on site, responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and configuring PLC, DCS, HMI, Servo Drives, VFDs, Sensors, Actuators, Instrumentation, Industrial Control Systems, Industrial Networks, and Electrical Equipment to ensure reliable operations. They will observe and text plant equipment, diagnose malfunctions, and replace faulty components to keep equipment up and running safely and prevent interruptions in production.
This opportunity is a 7 on/7 off, Drive in-Drive Out position that offers a very competitive salary, extended health benefits, long-term disability, and RRSP plus 5% match. You’ll also have extensive training and continued learning and development opportunities.
Camp accommodations and home-made meals will be provided while on your rotations.
You will also be eligible for a travel tax exemption credit.
The schedule involves 12 hours day shifts (no graveyards!).
Are you a talented E & I Technician/Technologist with an electrical ticket and advanced instrumentation and controls knowledge? Apply today!
- Red Seal Instrumentation qualification, Red Seal electrician qualification (309A or 442A) preferred
- Minimum 3 years of instrumentation & automation/controls experience on automated mining facilities and equipment
- Proficient in using computers and associated software programs for automation such as Allan Bradley’s ControlLogix/Studio 5000, and OPC servers
- Strong ability to read Instrumentation diagrams, one‐line diagrams, schematics, PLC & HMI programs, calibration curves, and conducting I/O checks
- Proven experience with Allan Bradley PLC’s, HMIs and Industrial networks
- Working knowledge of DeltaV DCS to troubleshoot control issues
- Basic networking abilities and knowledge