Controls Technologist with Electrical Ticket
Location : Guelph, ON
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are now seeking a talented industrial and automation professional for an exciting opportunity with our client in Guelph, ON.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for PLC & HMI programming, electrical design, network management, database management, and the maintenance of peripheral equipment in a fast-paced, highly automated manufacturing environment. This is a chance to be part of the projects and engineering team with an industry-leading employer - it's not a maintenance role.
Qualified candidates will have both formal automation education AND a valid electrical trade qualification (442A or 309A), and e fluent in Allen Bradley/Rockwell languages. Database & software knowledge, as well as experience with Visual Basic, SQL, RSVIEw32, DeviceNet, etc., will be vital to success in the role.
Are you a licensed electrician with extensive controls/automation experience? Apply today!
For more exciting opportunities, please visit https://jobs.workforce.ca/
Required Qualifications :
- Must have college technologist or university equivalent
- Current Electrical ticket (309A or 442A)
- 5+ years of Rockwell, PLC and computer/database experience
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, SQL, SCADA – RSView32 and FactoryTalk View, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Ethernet/IP
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills