Location : Burlington, ON
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking a talented automation and controls professional for a client in the Oakville/Burlington area. This is an exciting role offering significant travel opportunity, perfect for anyone with a sense of adventure who loves working in a dynamic work environment.
Our client is in need of a Controls Engineer with at least 7 years' of PLC experience pertaining to industrial equipment, including design, implementation, configuration, and beyond. This person will be responsible for developing PLC code and configuring programs, so candidates MUST be fluent in Ladder, Structured Text, Function Blocks, and more. The controls engineer will also be responsible for developing HMI architecture & installing hardware/software, and will play a role in field commissioning and troubleshooting equipment at client sites.
This is a lucrative, rewarding opportunity involving up to 50% international travel (when safe, of course), with an industry-leading organization whose project list is long, and getting longer by the day. While candidates with engineering backgrounds are a priority, we will also consider talented electricians with extensive automation experience & advanced programming ability.
Are you a Controls Engineer looking for an opportunity to shake things up a bit and see more of the world? Apply today!
For more exciting opportunities, please visit jobs.workforce.ca
Required Qualifications :
- Electrical Engineering degree or Technologist Diploma (or similar, Industrial Automation specialization would be valuable)
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in controls development and commissioning
- Background in manufacturing is critical to success
- Experience with industrial robots, process controls, and instrumentation
- TUV experience would be advantageous
- Fluency in Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Siements, Wonderware
- Must be willing and able to travel both locally and internationally for up to 50% of the year