Control Systems Engineer
Location : Burlington, ON
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking an experienced Control Systems Engineer with a sense of adventure for a client in the Oakville/Burlington area. This role requires up to 50% local and international travel, so candidates must be open to being away from home for days or weeks at a time on a regular basis.
Our client is in need of a Controls Engineer with at least 7 years' of relevant controls and automation experience pertaining to industrial equipment, including design, implementation, configuration, and beyond. This person will be responsible for developing PLC code and configuring programs, so candidates MUST be fluent in Ladder, Structured Text, Function Blocks, and more. The controls engineer will also be responsible for developing HMI architecture & installing hardware/software, and will play a role in field commissioning and troubleshooting equipment at client sites.
Are you a Controls Engineer looking for an opportunity to shake things up a bit and see more of the world? Apply today!
Required Qualifications :
- Electrical Engineering degree or Technologist Diploma (or similar, Industrial Automation specialization would be valuable)
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in controls development and commissioning
- Background in manufacturing is critical to success
- Experience with industrial robots, process controls, and instrumentation
- TUV experience would be advantageous
- Fluency in Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Siements, Wonderware
- Must be willing and able to travel both locally and internationally for up to 50% of the year