Location : Ottawa, Ontario
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Our client is a very busy custom home builder in the Ottawa area. They are looking for a full-time Estimator with Project Management responsibilities.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations. This individual will be responsible for several areas of the overall estimating operations, including the following:
- Conduct analysis of new project opportunities.
- Consult and understand plans and specifications.
- Prepare approximate quantities for work and materials required.
- Understand the project stakeholders.
- Understand the overall scope of the project.
- Work with and communicate regularly with building designers/architects, directly with the homeowners.
- Conduct preliminary project analyses and regular site visits.
- Prepare and submit baseline estimates in preparation for the start of construction.
- Coordinate the different phases of the projects.
Required Qualifications :
- Post Education in a related field.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in residential construction/carpentry.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Organized, responsible, autonomous, resourceful, and dynamic.
- Eager to learn, motivated, hardworking, reliable, and honest.
- Understands the importance of teamwork.
- Passionate about their work, the work they complete, and about making a difference.
- Understanding of building something that is a quality product and lasts.
- Understanding and passionate about lowering the carbon footprint/importance of sustainability.
- Organized with good attention to detail.
- Looking to grow within the company.
- Valid driver’s license.
This is a full-time, typically Monday to Friday job. Our client offers a competitive wage (depending on your experience) and there is lots of room to grow within the company. They are a good group of people to work with and treat their employees very well.
If interested, please apply today and we will contact you to discuss the opportunity.