Our client is a leading manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders and machined components that are used in multiple industries such as automotive, medical, marine, construction, etc. They are very busy and looking to add a new CNC Machinist to their team.
The CNC Machinist will be responsible for manufacturing high-quality components on a variety of CNC machines and manual machines, including lathes, milling machines, and drills.
There is a Monday to Friday day shift (8 hours) available, as well as Monday to Thursday (10 hours) shift that starts at 4:30 pm available.
- Set up, maintenance, and operation of a variety of CNC machines, mills, lathes, and drills
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerances
- Complete deburring and inspection of work, to ensure components are within specifications
- Carry out inspection of components and maintain records and reports
- Detect and correct programs or machining malfunctions
- Read blueprints, drawings, and engineering information
- Fixture design
- Continual improvement of the machining process
- Material specifications and cutting data
- Jig building
- Scanning in work stations to keep track of work orders
- Keeping tools, equipment, and immediate work area clean
- Operate and perform to production standards
- Valid Saskatchewan or Interprovincial Journeyperson Machinist certificate
- Excellent knowledge of CNC machining and current tooling technologies/equipment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Flexible, energetic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Hard-working and reliable
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada