We are working with a client in the Ottawa area that is looking to hire a new carpenter and potentially a lead carpenter. Our client builds, renovates, and upgrades custom homes.
The successful candidate should have experience working in the construction industry as a carpenter on home renovations, additions, or new builds.
General Carpenter (3+ years experience)
Lead Carpenter (6+ years experience)
- Framing and siding
- Window and door installation
- Insulation and drywall work
- Interior door and trim work
- Flooring and tile work
- Cabinetry installation
- Working as a team with fellow employees and sub-trades
- Supervision of other employees and sub-trades
- Review construction specifications and plans
- Understanding of basic H&S and site safety
- Quality Control
- Prepare a comparative review of bids at the request of the clients
- Attend and report on-site meetings with clients, sub-contractors, and consultants
- Must have own vehicle and clean driver's abstract (company vehicle available for lead carpenters)
- Must be willing and able to travel in the City Limits of Ottawa, some outside Ottawa work
- Must have own hand tools (large power tools provided)
- Team player. eager to learn, motivated, hardworking, reliable, and honest.
- Passionate about their work and about making a difference.
- Understanding and passionate about lowering the carbon footprint/importance of sustainability.
- Organized, detail-oriented, inspired and looking to grow within the company