Location : Guelph, ON
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking a talented Automation Specialist for large, global manufacturer in Guelph, Ontario.
The Automation Specialist will be an integral member of the product & projects team, helping to design and execute industrial automation endeavours for the company and external clients. They will be responsible for everything from initial consultation with the client/engineering team, design and planning of controls & automation projects, and installation, troubleshooting, etc.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 7 years' Canadian experience in industrial automation , ideally within the auto manufacturing industry or similar. A background in project-based work is desirable, as this is not a maintenance role. Strong experience with PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, and integration is required.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity with a top employer offering extremely competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and significant growth potential for the right individual.
Are you an automation professional seeking a new opportunity with one of this country's top auto manufacturers? Apply directly at: https://jobs.workforce.ca/jobdetails/automation-specialist/guelph-on/13463
For more exciting opportunities, visit: https://jobs.workforce.ca/
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 7 years' experience in process or equipment engineering, with strong capability in installation and programming of PLCs and robotics
- Graduate of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology (robot/automation program), with preference for mechatronics education
- Strong PLC knowledge - Allen Bradley, Siemens
- HMI Programming experience
- Knowledge of robotics
- Communication skills
- Ability to travel freely to the United States & internationally