Automation Engineer - Relocate to Vancouver
We are now seeking a talented Automation Engineer for a field service opportunity with one of North America’s biggest players in systems integration. For this position, you would have to relocate to Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Automation Engineer will be responsible for the design, programming, integration and commissioning of complex electrical and automation systems for high profile clients around the globe. They will also perform preventative and reactive maintenance for existing clients in industries from oil and gas to lumber to manufacturing.
Ideal candidates will have extensive knowledge of PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, etc. and have a high degree of familiarity with system integration. Outstanding customer service & communication skills are vital to success in the role. Candidates must be comfortable working in high-pressure situations and making complex decisions independently.
Are you a programming master? Do acronyms like VFD, HMI or PLC get you excited? Do you have experience integrating complicated automation systems? If yes, we're looking for you!
- 5+ years of PLC & VFD programming experience
- Electrical engineering background preferred, must be an electrical technologist or journeyman electrician at minimum
- Passport & ability to travel to the US and internationally
- Valid Driver's License and ability to drive a vehicle
- Excellent communication skills, must be fluent in English