Account Manager (Construction Staffing)
WORKFORCE Staffing Solutions has been successfully operating for over 20 years, and currently works with job seekers and hiring firms throughout Canada and the United States.
We have an immediate need to add an Account Manager to the team at WORKFORCE within the Temporary Staffing Division of our company. We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our Vancouver branch. For more information on our services, please visit www.workforce.ca
In this role, you will work daily out of our Vancouver location. The ideal candidate will be accountable and responsible for maintaining, developing and expanding the Workforce customer base within assigned territories, by actively marketing our services to prospective and existing clients within the construction, manufacturing and warehousing industries.
Our Temporary Staffing Division specializes in general labour, ticketed/unticketed skilled trades, Journeyman Carpenters and everything in between. The Account Manager will be tasked with visiting existing, new and potential customers – building and developing relationships, and selling the Workforce brand.
Job competencies include, but are not limited to, sales leadership, customer focus, business acumen, leadership, teamwork, and must have demonstrated competencies at an intermediate level with various computer applications. The candidate needs to be highly motivated, assertive, and reliable.
The temporary staffing industry is difficult and not for everyone. Having said that, WORKFORCE can promise you this is nothing like a conventional staffing company. People here care about each other, we are a true team, a family. It is vitally important that we hire people of character whose actions demonstrate a level of ethics, expertise, and honesty that have helped create our many success stories. We are looking for people who care, that want to win and do it the right way.
Are you the right candidate?
1) You are able to handle many moving “pieces” at once and can delegate, and/or deal with a situation in a timely manner.
2) You have the ability to stay calm during times of high stress.
3) You can speak with clients and/or temporary workers in a professional, respectable manner.
4) Must be able to demonstrate to effectively manage your sales calls/site visits.
5) You legitimately care about delivery a solution for a client.
6) You are a person of character and have the ability to your job and be individually accountable and motivated, but at the same time think selflessly about what is best for the team.
7) You are built on the right mix of confidence, hard work, humility and ambition but also have the ability to have fun and relax.
8) You are looking for a long-term career and not just a “job.”
This position is a $38,000 base-salary plus commission role. As Account Manager we also offer a vehicle allowance, cell phone allowance, extended benefits after six months, RRSP matching up to 5% after one year of employment.
There are further compensatory benefits/incentives that can be discussed during the interview process. WORKFORCE loves to promote from within and advancement is available for those who have been exemplary through the years, we are looking for candidates who are interested in pursuing a long-term career with WORKFORCE.
- Construction, warehouse or manufacturing knowledge or experience
- Clean drivers record/license
- Reliable and dependable with the flexibility of different schedules
- 1-2 years of sales experience
- Ability to work as a team, and individually
- Outgoing personality with a high level of communication, professionalism, and competitiveness
- Highly driven, and goal-oriented
The successful candidate will be interviewed twice, complete an online assessment and successfully complete a thorough reference check.