Heavy Duty Fleet Mechanic
We are seeking a heavy duty fleet mechanic for an opportunity in Hamilton, Ontario.
We are looking for someone with diverse experience in heavy industry- experience on construction or road paving sites. The ideal candidate will have experience working on lift trucks, scrap and slab haulers. The position is best suited for someone licensed as a 310T with a diverse type of heavy equipment repair in their skillset.
An example of common duties include:
-Repairing and maintaining mobile equipment vehicles used for supply chain and material handling of goods.
-Repairing and rebuilding machinery components including engines, transmissions, wheel assemblies, hydraulic systems, drivelines, and gear boxes.
-Minor welding and fabrication to equipment.
The majority of work will occur in a shop environment with up to 20% of work happening in a field environment.
What you will be offered:
-Ability to earn strong income
-Outstanding benefits and employment perks available from day 1 of employment
-Access to company facilities for wellness, fitness
-Eligibility for company profit share
-Training, growth, advancement opportunities
-Ability to work in established company with stability
- 310T Truck & Coach Technician Ontario Certificate of Qualification
- Minimum high school diploma/GED is required
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license
- Experience with both emergency breakdown and preventative maintenance is an asset
- Experience in a heavy industrial maintenance environment is preferred
- Positive attitude, reliable worker, physically healthy in relation to job requirements.
- Legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada.