2nd Class Power Engineer $48/hr
Location : Vancouver, BC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are now seeking a talented 2nd Class Power Engineer for a lucrative, full time maintenance opportunity with our industry-leading client in Vancouver, BC.
Are you an ambitious power engineer with dreams of working in a first class facility? Now is your chance! In a city where facilities like this are limited, this is a great opportunity to work for a company that will help you work towards the peak of your trade.
Our client is in need of a certified 2nd Class Power Engineer with experience in industrial maintenance to monitor, troubleshoot and maintain processes and equipment. They will perform preventative and predictive maintenance according to schedule and respond to emergencies/provide solutions as required, ensuring safe and effective operation of steam plants, water treatment equipment, boilers, turbines, and beyond.
Qualified applications will possess a valid 2nd class certificate, 8+ years of exposure to boiler/turbine operations, experience in steam plant, and a strong maintenance knowledge as it relates to a production and processing environment. Experience with Bailey Infinity/Delta V control system or another operating control system will be valuable to success in the role.
Our client is offering just under $50/hr + excellent benefits, pension, and more for eligible individuals.
Required Qualifications :
- Valid Second Class Steam Ticket. Consideration may be given to those with a valid Third Class ticket with at least three papers towards a Second Class ticket.
- 5+ years as a boiler/turbine operator
- 7+ years of experience in a steam plant
- High level of technical experience related to the operation of steam plants, water treatment equipment, boiler/turbine operations
- Must possess the mechanical aptitude/skills to allow hands-on operation of plant equipment (i.e. DCS control systems, turbo generators, pumps, compressors, heaters, etc.
- Experience with Bailey Infinity/Delta V control system or another operating control system
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting/decision making skills
- Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S., TDG and OH&S regulations