Journeyman Commercial Truck Mechanic (Relocation to BC)
RELOCATE TO BEAUTIFUL BC! Enjoy a more affordable region known for active, outdoors based lifestyles. Look forward to working for a stable employer of choice that will offer great career progression opportunities as well as competitive benefits and compensation. If you are ready for a change of pace, one that could permanently change your life for the better, read below and apply today. Applicants with dealership experience with Freightliner and Western Star are especially encouraged to apply!
Overview: We are now seeking a commercial transport mechanic to work for an expanding BC based truck dealer. This an exciting opportunity to work for an employer who offers great compensation, training and benefits. This is a fast paced retail role that is perfect for someone who likes to have the day go by quickly. You should be fairly comfortable working with various makes and models of trucks and components including both older and newer models. Successful applicants will have a proven track record of working in a dealership/retail setting. Relocation allowance will be considered on a case by case basis.
· Conduct inspections and repairs on heavy trucks
· Utilize diagnostic tools
· Work with electric, brake and engine systems
· Complete and submit required documentation pertaining to completed work
· Interact with customers and advise them on needed work
· Red Seal Truck and Transport Mechanic
· Commercial inspection ticket
· Retail environment experience
· Ability to work under pressure
· Computer literacy
· Comfortable interacting with customers in a professional manner
· Ability to work both morning and afternoon shifts